The climate is one of the most important factors when we have to elaborate a good wine, in El Puerto de Santa María we have all those factors.
FACTORS THAT MAKE THE WINE TO HAVE A SPECIAL PERSONALITY
* The 'micro-climate'
* The landscape
* The vines
* The American oak-made leather vine bottles
* The 'breeding place' systems
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF WINE ELABORATED IN EL PUERTO DE SANTA MARIA
* The fino sherry: a dry pale-coloured light sharp wine. A wonderful wine, especially as an appetiser.
* The pale dry sherry: It is a fino sherry which follows a more extended ageing, until we get a wine with a more accused and persistent taste, with bright topaz and amber shades.
* The oloroso sherry: velvet, from dry to sweet, of different types wines. Warm and ruby-coloured wines. We have three types of oloroso sherry: 'dry oloroso sherry', 'middle oloroso sherry' and 'sweet oloroso sherry'.
* Pedro Ximénez: a very sweet wine from Jerez de la Frontera (Andalusia), elaborated with sherry vine grapes. Good at desserts' time.
* Muscatel: a sweet and very dense wine, which reminds us the taste of the muscatel prunes. Good for elaborating great desserts.
* Others: besides, wonderful brandies and liquors are elaborated in El Puerto de Santa María, such as 'Ponche Caballero', 'Veterano', or 'Toro'.
WHAT MAKES IT UNSURPASSABLE